From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 11:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: STRANGE: session.invalidate() is not invalidating the
session

There are a couple of things going on here.

1) I believe the session.invalidate() is working as it should. However, a
new session is being created for you after you invalidate the original one.
This would happen either because you forgot to put session="false" in your
logout page, or when the logon request is resubmitted.

2) The logon request, including the username and password, is saved in the
browser history, which is why you can back up to it and resubmit it (which
is what a refresh does).

The solution, as Jeff Krueger pointed out, is transactional tokens. In the
action which returns your logon page, you call saveToken() before forwarding
to the logon JSP. Then, in the action which processes the logon request
itself, you call isTokenValid(). This method will return true if the request
came from the form you just returned, and false if it came from some other
form, such as one previously cached by the browser. (Be sure to call
resetToken() after checking, to clean up.)

--
Martin Cooper