I just installed Tomcat4.0-b7 and have the examples
working.  I tried running my webapp that ran fine
under Tomcat3.2 and it gives me these errors when
Tomcat starts:

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b7
register('-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
Configuration 1.0//EN',
'jar:file:/c:/web/blitzDev/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar!/org/apache/struts/resources/struts-config_1_0.dtd'
register('-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.2//EN',
'jar:file:/c:/web/blitzDev/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar!/org/apache/struts/resources/web-app_2_2.dtd'
register('-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN',
'jar:file:/c:/web/blitzDev/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar!/org/apache/struts/resources/web-app_2_3.dtd'
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b7

When I try to hit the webapp root, I get the
following:

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
Exception Report:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find global
ActionForward for name homepage
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:452)
        at
org.apache.jsp._0002findex_jsp._jspService(_0002findex_jsp.java:87)

I tried adding the struts-examples by sticking the
.WAR files in the webapps directory and it gave me the
exact same 'register' messages when I restarted
Tomcat.  Is this another XML parsing issue?

I have jaxp.jar and crimson.jar in
CATALINA_HOME/server/lib, CATALINA_HOME/jasper, and
JAVA_HOME/lib/jaxp-1.1.  Getting rid of the files in
one in JAVA_HOME didn't fix anything.

Calvin