this seems quite strange to me, unless you are doing
something with the cache?

normally when I hit the back button, the page is not
refreshed and just shows as it previously showed the
last time I was at the page.

According to what you are saying, you are getting the
old ActionErrors() object, with the new form bean
properties.

I haven't done any significant testing with validation
and input fields, but this is definitely not the
behaviour I would expect.

One thing that strikes me now (I may figure it out
later) is how ActionErrors gets reset.  It should
belong to the request and get automatically cleaned
up.

If no one answers, than I will have to try this out on
my own I guess.

- sandeep