Personally, I believe that only people that are very computer savy do
this.

However, another reason to avoid JavaScript in validation is if your
application can have an interface other than the web.  If the validation
in on the server then the interface could be anything.  For example, WAP
and standard GUI clients don't use JavaScript.

On the otherhand, if you say well it's only a web application then you
have to deal with how JavaScript is implemented in each browser.  The
differences between IE and Netscape are real and it's best to avoid this
by doing server side validation. At least that's my view on the subject.

Steve