Hi,
A great thing with Struts is the error validation
capabilities. However, the use of <html:errors/>, or
lately <html:messages>, poses a problem that I found
not to be a very good design (though it is slightly
better in the messages tag).

What I don't like is, in order to get any presentation
formatting on the header and footer, you need to enter
html in the resources and therefore mixing up data and
presentation.

An example where this apply is that we have an i18n
utility where the administrator for each country can
translate all messages from a default language into
their local language and for the messages headers and
footers they have to see the html as well.

Has anyone thought of this before?

/Johannes