Hi Nathan,

On Feb 7, Nathan Anderson wrote:

> I have a bit more information if anyone is interested in helping me with this issue..
>
> I found out that the HttpUtils.getRequestURL().  If I make a JSP with the following
>scriptlet:

I assume you're talking about javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils here (I just
joined the list and it's not clear.)  If you aren't, please ignore the rest
of this message (because it's predicated on you using this class).

Note, based on:
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/HttpUtils.html
this is deprecated in favor of the request objects.

> <%= HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request) %>
>
> I get this:
>
> http://hostname:443/webapp/page.jsp
>
> when the actual request URL was:
>
> https://hostname/webapp/page.jsp
>
> Any ideas appreciated.

So, looking at the HttpServletRequest
(http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html),
 I see these methods:

getProtocol which "Returns the name and version of the protocol the request
uses in the form protocol/majorVersion.minorVersion, for example, HTTP/1.1.
For HTTP servlets, the value returned is the same as the value of the CGI
variable SERVER_PROTOCOL."

This method is also present in the 2.2 Servlet api as well.

Hope this helps.

Dan