Sadly, the web tier has special requirements for value objects that most
(reasonable) value objects cannot meet.

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg19338.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg08070.html

But ActionForms should not be passed up to the business tier, except
like any other JavaBean that can be mined through reflection. The
general approach is to transfer the data from the ActionForm into a
standard value object, that could, for example, be used in a remote
call.

Of course, this is just for data collection. For data presentation, any
old value object you already have should work just fine.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/