Subject: Custom tag class/package naming conventions
From: Bill Wohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
  Looking at struts.jar, it appears that the class and package naming
  conventions for custom tag libraries are as follows:

  Package containing business logic:    com.business.logic
  Class containing business logic:      com/business/logic/Foo.java
  Tag library for these classes:        com.business.taglib.logic
  Tag wrapping class Foo:               com/business/taglib/logic/FooTag.java

  One other thought I had was this:

  Package containing business logic:    com.business.logic
  Class containing business logic:      com/business/logic/Foo.java
  Tag library for these classes:        com.business.logic.tags
  Tag wrapping class Foo:               com/business/logic/tags/FooTag.java

  Pros? Cons? I was hoping to find existing conventions, but there
  doesn't appear to be any. I'd be curious to hear what other folks
  are doing, or if there are some conventions I missed.

  Also, do folks always append "Tag" to the name of the class with the
  tag implementation? Or do you drop it since it is already in a
  "tags" or "taglib" directory?

--
Bill Wohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD
Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!