Adolfo,

The problem with putting or implementing a tag that performs complex AND,
ORs, NOT expressions, is that getting the data for those expressions to work
on could be tricky.  There are just so many places that the data can come
from (page, request, session, application, beans, custom api calls), there
are too many.

The expression parser would turn into a language of it's own.  Besides, when
ever someone wants to do such complicated expressions in JSP, one has to
wonder if it's business logic that's being coded in the JSP page.

In most of my development work, the JSP pages simply present the data to the
user.  The kind of comparisons I do, are quite basic.  Is the data there or
not (is it null?), or is this value equals to another value.  But that's
about the extent of it.  If you want more complicated conditions being
evaluated, do that in your action.  Then, have the action put the result in
the request context, and forward to the JSP page for displaying.

On your JSP page, you can easily check if a particular request attribute is
set to TRUE or FALSE and make your decision.

Good luck.

-AP_
http://www.alexparansky.com
Java/J2EE Architect/Consultant