Development environment: IE 6 on W2K client; Tomcat 4.0.3 on W2K server
(same machine as client).  File upload via struts' FormFile worked
perfectly.

Production environment: IE6 on W2K client; Linux, Tomcat 4.0.3 on server.
File upload always fails with an exception of the form:

javax.servlet.ServletException: IOException while reading multipart request: The
Content-Length of 1846 bytes has been exceeded
        at
org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartIterator.readLine(MultipartIterator.java:464)
        at
org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartIterator.getNextElement(MultipartIterator.java:168)
        at
org.apache.struts.upload.DiskMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(DiskMultipartRequestHandler.java:76)

I'm stumped.  Any clues would be appreciated.  I mean, obviously,
struts thinks that the client is sending more data than it should be.
Why that is, though, I have no idea. :-/

The linux machine may be a two-processor box...  Would that matter?

Thanks,
John