Okay, found it.  I wasn't using .do extentions for my url mappings so I
removed the servlet mapping of *.do to the action servlet from my
web.xml.  Apparently, Struts doesn't like this.  So, when I put the
servlet mapping back into my web.xml I get:

translated to

<form action="/createUser.do">

And the form is now able to be processed.  Bitchin'.

I don't think Struts should dictate which extension you can use but I
guess it really doesn't make any difference.