Subject: Re: URGENT: Weblogic Application.properties issue
From: "Wayne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
I am fighting this same issue. I am using struts 1.1b1 with WL 5.1 SP12 with
an exploded WAR. (I tried a while in the WAR)

Here's the error message I receive... any ideas?

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory
        at
weblogic.boot.ServerClassLoader.findLocalClass(ServerClassLoader.java:372)
        at
weblogic.boot.ServerClassLoader.loadClass(ServerClassLoader.java:112)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.applicationClass(RequestUtils.java:190)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageResource
sFactory.java:169)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources
.java:557)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.<clinit>(RequestUtils.java:137)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageResource
sFactory.java:169)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources
.java:557)
        at com.mslv.webapp.help.Searcher.<clinit>(Searcher.java:49)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java
:469)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.ja
va:453)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
a:442)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
a:361)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.preloadServlet(ServletContextIm
pl.java:752)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.preloadServlets(ServletContextI
mpl.java:726)
        at
weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java:683)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:479)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:1393)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:879)
        at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:140)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:97)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:58)
[ERROR] MessageResourcesFactory - -MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory
<java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFactory>
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources
.java:558)
[...]
Thu Jun 27 07:36:09 CDT 2002:<E> <WebAppServletContext-help> Error
instantiating servlet: com.mslv.webapp.help.Searcher
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources
.java:558)

"Chen, Dean (Zhun)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hi,
> I have tried deploying the application as either WAR for exploded format.
> checked my WAR file and it has the ApplicationResources.properties in it,
> but WebLogic doesn't load that into the working directory and then
complains
> about NullPointerException. When I exploded the WAR file, it appears in
> /WEB-INF/class/com/youcompany/yourapplication package, but WebLogic still
> doesn't pick it up. This has been an issue for WebLogic 5.1 for some time
> now, however, the solutions posted on the web was to copy them manually to
> the working directory. Are there any other ways around it? I'm using
Struts
> 1.1b.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dean Chen