Struts uses the commons-logging framework for logging, so you can
find the details about how to control it in that project.

<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging.html>

The API doc includes explanations of how to set the logging
implementation that you want (you could set it to the NoOpLog).
Setting the logging level is depending on which implementation you
use -- if you're using Log4j then you need to use Log4j specific
controls; if you're using Commons SimpleLog, the API doc for that
class includes instructions on what properties control the logging
level.

Joe

At 7:39 PM +0200 2002/06/27, Virga wrote:
>how to stop struts action from flooding my server console ?
>i have tried to edit my web.xml
>and modify <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> to
><load-on-startup>-1</load-on-startup>
>but the Action servlet doesn't work, off course ! because action servlet has
>to be initialized every time the server starts.
>my point is how to stop struts action from logging too much. i got 5
>projects using struts framework, each time it starts i got log messages
>flooding out my console !
>any ideas?
>
>VR
>

>--

* Joe Germuska    { [EMAIL PROTECTED] }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
        --Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>