On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Heligon Sandra wrote:

> Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:33:48 +0200
> From: Heligon Sandra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: ServletContextListener vs ActionServlet/RequestProcessor
>     subc  lassing
>
> I need to trace when the "application" and new client-browsers start-up or
> stop.
> I think so that the ServletContextListener and SessionListener are really
> the best solution.
> Do you know if a lot of servlet engines don't support servlet2.3?
> I look for summary on the web but I don't find.
> We have chose to work with Tomcat and Tomcat 4.0.4 supports
> servlet 2.3 specifications but we don't know how the future will be?

FYI, any J2EE 1.3 application server, by definition, supports Servlet 2.3
and JSP 1.2.   A list of J2EE licensees is available at:

  http://java.sun.com/j2ee/licensees.html

You'd have to check with each vendor on their plans, but I imagine that
all of these companies either already have, or will have, J2EE 1.3
products.

Craig