Define a "set up" action mapping which is called prior to displaying your
page.

<action path="/showSomePage"
            type="com.companyname.SomeAction"
            name="customerForm"
            validate="false"
            scope="request">

      <forward name="success"
               path="/somePage.jsp"
               redirect="false"/>

    </action>

In the corresponding XXXXAction class for the mapping do the following:
public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
                 ActionForm form,
                 HttpServletRequest request,
                 HttpServletResponse response)
                throws Exception {

    DynaBean bean = (DynaBean) form;
    Customer customer = // get customer somehow

    bean.set("cid", customer.getCid());

    return mapping.findForward("success");

    }

When Struts encounters the /showSomePage it will create the form, invoke
SomeAction (which will populate the form), and then forward to somePage.jsp
where the form will reside in the request scope.

HTH,

robert