Ahh, very tricky question.  It all depends on the load you are
expecting.  So you need to take a guess at the number of concurrent
users, how often a user action will result in an EJB call, etc.  Areas
of concern to you should be:

1) EJB calls, a client will use RMI (and a JNDI lookup) in order to call
methods on a remote EJB.  This is a network hit.  Jboss can do 'in JVM'
EJB calling, so if Jboss is running in the same VM as the servlet
container it will not go via the network layer.  I suggest you read up
the Jboss docs about that.
2) SQL calls.  If the database is remote all statements will cause a
network hit.

Personally, if I had a system that was going to be hit hard by users I
would split all three and possibly look at clustering portions dependant
on the bottlenecks.  Exactly where the bottlenecks will occur is
dependant upon your application and impossible to gauge here.