Javascript doesn't like it when you use things like [ or ( in the name of a
form field.  There are several ways of coding the js and one of them accepts
those characters (I think).  So, you can still use javascript to validate it
but you might have to change the method by which you do it.  Of course, when
I get around to learning the struts validator stuff I won't need to do the
js portion (hopefully :-).

Thanks again,
Dave