The date keeps changing - you can check this page for the latest expected date -

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672324725/qid=1034868641/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-0797019-2419256?v=glance

Thanks!
Kevin

Xue-Feng Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 10/17/2002 11:29:15 AM

       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:    Re: Can V in MVC be Swing in Struts?

I will not use RMI to communicate between clients and
servers since the clients are always behind firewalls.
So it is possible that some clients cannot talk with
servers at all if I use RMI.

About Soap, I mean the general term "Soap" not only
the one: Apache Soap. Sure, I will consider Apache
AXIS among others.

For app servers, Weblogic and other commercial ones
are too expensive and JBoss is too slow. You know what
I will choose.

BTW, when your book will be avaible? I cannot wait.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Using Struts/Soap/EJB for XML?
>
> Using SOAP implies (usually) communications between
> the client app and the
> server over HTTP. Using EJB generally implies
> communications from the
> client and server using RMI.
>
> The only way I can see to do what you are describing
> is to 'wrap' an EJB on
> the server using a Web Service. Which, btw, is
> exactly what Weblogic and
> JBoss.NET do for web services. But these are not the
> only solutions.
>
> If you are interested in using SOAP for
> communications between the client
> and server, then Apache AXIS is likely your best
> bet. It provides about the
> best and most current Java SOAP client code. (More
> up to date then Apache
> SOAP.) You could then code your back-end processing
> in Java (if you want -
> and which is my personal choice!) using Axis as
> well. The Java2WSDL and
> WSDL2Java utilities provided by Axis are a good
> place to start.
>
> My upcoming book, Struts Kick Start, has a chapter
> and a sample application
> dedicated to exactly this solution. It provides a
> Struts App that uses SOAP
> and XML to communicate to a Java-based Web Service
> that was built using
> Axis. I include build files and scripts to generate
> the .java files using
> the Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java utilities. Also, copies
> of Axis (and struts,
> etc) are included on the CD-ROM that comes with the
> book.
>
> Regarding Code Generators - XDoclet seems the best
> for this work, but it is
> still a bit immature when it comes to the web
> service stuff - Struts code
> generation is provided, though I've not used it.
> There is an Ant task under
> development that automatically generates Java code
> for web service
> communications (it wraps the Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java
> utilities) but it is
> not ready for prime time yet and no documentation
> yet exists.
>
> Best of luck,
>
> Kevin
>

> --
> Kevin Bedell
> Author, Struts Kick Start
>

> Xue-Feng Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 10/17/2002
> 10:27:29 AM
>
> Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List"
>        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
> Subject:    Re: Can V in MVC be Swing in Struts?
>

> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> The architecture of my project is different from
> standard B2B and B2C although they are part of it.
>
> I will choose Struts/Soap/EJB to deal with XML, but
> implement other parts from ground to Struts.
>
> I would like to know if there are good code
> generators
> for XML/Struts/Soap/EJB. Seems to me this part of
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:struts-user-help@;jakarta.apache.org>