I believe struts leaves form beans in the session forever. They won't really grow in size though because they get reset on each use. You could also store them in the request if you're really worried about it.

If I store collections in the session, I'll often remove them at the end of a transaction. So, when the user saves a form I remove the collection. In general, I try to keep common collections in the ServletContext.

David

From: "atta ur-rehman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Session Cleanup
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:20:24 -0700

When does struts framework remove ActionFrom objects from the session, if at all. I'm worried if I'd be making my session object too large. Moreover, what are the best practices for storing <html:select> collections in the session? How and when to remove these collections from the session?

Regards,

ATTA