We have an app that needs to allow a user to open multiple web browser windows
and maintain separate threads for each. I did a quick search and came up
with the threads below, including some untested sample code using
filters with servlet-spec 2.3.

The Joy of File : New Window [URLs]:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=98696145121079&w=2
The Joy of File : New Window [window names and custom sessions]:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=98699875015552&w=2
The Joy of File : New Window [hidden variables]:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=98707711606424&w=2
The Joy of File : New Window ... alternate approach [flow control]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=98700070023308&w=2

session ids cont...[re-writing is not enough]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=98104624500940&w=2

Multiple browser windows, different logical sessions
[filters and sub-sessions]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=102870589425513&w=2
Multiple browser windows, different logical sessions
[putting all the above together to make filters and sub-sessions work,
mention of clustering issues, some sample source]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=102875101210735&w=2

Two questions --

Does struts yet have anything to reduce the coding load for this? Is
anyone willing to share their code?

And do the above posts pretty much cover the issues?

--
Joel Rees <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>