From: "Mark Lowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:03:33 +0100
Subject: dataSources outside of actionservlet

hello

you'll all have to forgive my stupidity but i've been having real problems
trying to reference the datasource specified in config.xml in my business
logic classes.

I've been very good and seperated everything as one should. but i really
need a straight answer to this (i.e. an example that works).

"For maximum code re-use, business logic beans should be designed and
implemented so that they do not know they are being executed in a web
application environment"

now i've only seen examples referencing the datasource inside an action
servlet, this appears to go against the design pattern. So how do i do this?
have i neglected to find the correct example? why are all the examples of
how to reference the datasource breaking the aforementioned priciple? please
i'm very confused ..

many thanks in advance

mark

For additional commands, e-mail: