Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever extended the functionality as offered by the org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils? I want to be able to substituted keywords in my messages as loaded from my properties file with values from the database. I got this up an running by extending the MessageReources and defining my custom message factory in my Struts-config.xml.

So when getMessage() is called my keyword are loaded from the database via a thread etc.. My problem with this is as follows:

My keywords are substituted before my message keys are substituted.

Example in my properties file i have the following:
error.invalidtypes=Invalid {0} entered

//creating my ActionError
new ActionError("error.invalidtypes","#ACCOUNT");

So in my messageRecourse i have a hashMap of values as loaded from the database eg.
#ACCOUNT_EN - account code

This works fine if i had my message defined as the following in my properties file:
error.invalidtypes=Invalid #ACCOUNT entered

But i want to control the actual keyword i.e. #ACCOUNT, #SORT-CODE etc

So in short i want to check my messages for keywords (i.e. Anything starting with a #) after message keys have been substituted. After some initial investigation the best place to add this functionality would be in the RequestUtils.message() after it makes the call to resources.getMessage(userLocale, key, args)... It doesn't seem like a wise idea to extend RequestUtil..... any ideas or suggestions gratefully appreciated??