I tried forming the link tag like this

Now, unlike before, the JSP will render without
throwing an exception and causing a 500 error to
appear in the browser.

However, when I click on the link, I still get

"HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL"

(I'm still wondering why the previous ways of forming
the link tag were causing errors, since they
correspond to what's given in the docs.)

Ethan