It's almost the same argument as Vigay's post "general question". Basically, the simple solution is to capture all the new line information and update all of them, even it is not changed.

If you are trying to avoid it, you can remember the old values and try to detect the change. In the old values cash, you can remember the index number (detail line number) and update the change.

From: "MarwanSalam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: posting an updated collection back to Action
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:45:31 -0000

Hi,

I have a list of line items displayed in a JSP where some of the
attributes can be edited. I would like to capture the updated data by
the user to return it to my Action class so I can modify my model
accordingly.

Here is my JSP code:

<form action="updateOrder.do" method="post">
  <input type="hidden" name="action" value="updateOrder">
  <logic:iterate id="orderDetail" type="OrderDetailModel"
                 collection="<%= orderDetailList %>">
  </logic:iterate>
  <input type="submit" value"Update Order">
</form>

I know my ActionForm class has to have a property called
orderDetailList. But the question is, how will the correct index be
updated since my list can contain many OrderDetailModel's? Should I
add a method in my ActionForm class like getOrderDetailList.get
(index)? Help!!!