Hi,

I have a JSP page that outputs data using a Collection
using the following section

<logic:iterate id="lifeBenefit" name="lifeBenefits"
        type="com.quote.dao.BenefitLineItem"
indexId="classNum">
property="benClsTtl" indexed="true"></html:checkbox>
        <% i++; %>

The above JSP is converted into the following HTML
code

  <input type="text" name="lifeBenefit[0].benClsTtl"
size="17" value="some EMPLOYEES">

I am having a problem writing the corresponding
ActionForm,
the problem is how do I declare the variables to
capture the values entered by the user

I have attempted to write it and here is what I came
up with

public class GotoStep4Form extends ValidatorForm
implements Serializable {

            private ArrayList records = null;

                private BenefitLineItem [] lifeBenefits;
                private String [] benClsTtl;

                public ActionErrors validate(
                                                ActionMapping mapping,
                                                HttpServletRequest request) {
                ActionErrors errors = super.validate(mapping,
request);

                if(errors == null) errors = new ActionErrors();

                if (!errors.empty()     ) {

                }

                return errors;
        }

        public BenefitLineItem getLifeBenefit(int index) {
       while(index >=records.size() ){
                        this.records.add(new
BenefitLineItem());
                }
      return (BenefitLineItem) records.get(index);
   }

        /**
         * Gets the benClsTtl
         * @return Returns a String[]
         */
        public String[] getBenClsTtl() {
                return benClsTtl;
        }
        /**
         * Sets the benClsTtl
         * @param benClsTtl The benClsTtl to set
         */
        public void setBenClsTtl(String[] benClsTtl) {
                this.benClsTtl = benClsTtl;
        }

        /**
         * Sets the lifeBenefit
         * @param lifeBenefit The lifeBenefit to set
         */
        public void setLifeBenefit(int index, BenefitLineItem
lifeBenefit) {
                this.lifeBenefits[index] = lifeBenefit;
        }

        public BenefitLineItem[] getLifeBenefits() {
                return lifeBenefits;
        }

        public void setLifeBenefits( BenefitLineItem[] v) {
                lifeBenefits = v;
        }

}

The above gives me an error :
WebGroup      X Servlet Error: BeanUtils.populate:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.fdl.quoteweb.actionforms.GotoStep4Form.getLifeBenefit(GotoStep4Form.java:53)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getIndexedProperty(PropertyUtils.java:475)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getIndexedProperty(PropertyUtils.java:410)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.java:749)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:780)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:793)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:726)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:978)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java:779)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:246)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)

What am I doing Wrong?  How dow I define the variables
in the ActionForm to have Struts populate the data
in the form?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Samir