From: Amit Keshav Kulkarni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 2:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Date validation dd-MMM-yyyy not working with Javascript

Hi All,

I am using the Date validation function from Validator package.
I tried to chane the Date Pattern to dd-MMM-yyyy with datePatternStrict.
It does the validation properly if I use server side validation.
But if I use JavaScript version of the same, then even for correct values of
date it pops up error
message and does not proceed further.
All other validations work fine.
Date validation works both on server and client side with the format
MM-dd-yyyy.

Following is an extract from my validation.xml:

        <field    property="date"
                   depends="required,date">
                     <arg0 key="typeForm.date.displayname"/>
                     <var>