Try this :

<bean:define id="myVariable" type="String">
    <bean:message key="propmt.welcome"/>
</bean:define>

You can then use "myVariable" as a script variable or a bean in page scope.

Nico.

Hi All,
I want to assign the value of a key from my Application Resources file to a
Java variable
in a JSP Page.

e.g. In My Application Resource file i have
prompt.welcome=Welcome

In my JSP file I want this value of "propmt.welcome" to be assigned to a
Java Variable.

How can I do this?

TIA
Amit