To add to that, I worked on porting a Struts builder application to a
jEdit plugin a while back.  The application had some issues I wasn't
comfortable with (unfortunately I don't remember what they were :)), so
I never quite finished it.  However, for the adventurous, the plugin is
here:
http://www.twdata.org/rivernorth/

Don