Edgar,

I'm a committer on struts-menu, so hopefully I can help you out.

I believe using the "location" attribute vs. "page" attribute will strip out
your context and use the exact value you specify in "location" rather than
pre-pending the context.

As for remembering the position - which layout are you using?  I can
possibly add the remembering functionality, but it will probably involve
cookies or something.

Matt