For some, this does not work.  Here's my story:

I have successfully subscribed and unsubcribed to this list many times using
my @raibledesigns.com account.  However, at my day job (@cable.comcast.com),
I cannot unsubscribe from any lists that require e-mail verification.

Currently I'm subscribed to approx 8 lists that I can't unsubscribe from.
Basically, the firewall is preventing the "confirm" e-mails from coming
through.  So now I get to watch my inbox fill up daily - approx 1000 e-mails
per day.  I have filters for most to reduce the pain.  I dread the day that
I go on a week-long vacation ;-)

Matt