On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:46:41 -0600
Kirby Vandivort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, I guess my question is... is there a consensus of any sort on how
> this should be done or, how do you do it, etc?

Unfortunately, I'm starting to find out more and more that there isn't a
consensus:) I'm also leaning towards doing things differently now based
on Vic's basicPortal approach that does not copy formBeans into Data
Transfer Objects which is what I have been doing (just because I've been
told that's the way it should it be done for so long). There are some
things, though, that there seems to be consensus on:

1) Your JSPs should go through a controller (Action servlet or a
subclass of ActionServlet).

2) Your persistence layer, that talks to the database or storage, should
remain separated from any Struts classes.

You might find some of the threads here very helpful
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/model_struts/

--
Rick Reumann