No, you cannot directly "extend" a TLD.  However, you can write a second
TLD that is a copy of the original one, which uses all the same tags and
classes, but adds an additional tag and class.  In your JSP page, you
could use the same prefix, but change the URI on your "taglib" tag to
point to the other TLD.