I have a requirement to send a notification e-mail when an item in my app is
deleted.  I was hoping to use a string (post-substitution) from
ApplicationResource.properties to do this, but alas, it does not work like I
hoped.  Is this possible without loading it as a ResourceBundle and calling
getString()?

// deletedBy and appURL are set previously as String variables

new ActionMessage("cr.deleted.msg", deletedBy, appURL).toString()

results in...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks,

Matt