The Struts-EL library is in the "contrib" directory of the distribution.
It first appeared in the 1.1beta3 release, although until the next RC or
final 1.1 release comes out, I recommend using the nightly build, to
avoid a couple of bugs that have been fixed since that release.  The
Struts-EL library evaluates attributes values using the expression
language engine used in the Jakarta Taglibs implementation of the JSTL.