On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Wei, Robert (MAN-Corporate) wrote:

> Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:45:31 -0500
> From: "Wei, Robert (MAN-Corporate)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: web.xml DTD for Servlet 2.3 & Struts 1.1
>
> That one is not working for me. None of my struts actions will work with
> http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd. Well, wonder why?

It is a common misconception that the public identifiers of a DTD like
this *must* actually be working URLs (although this one is, as is the one
for Struts below).  They are just unique strings of characters that
(often) happen to look like URLs.  Blame the XML community for that :-).

The official URI for the Struts Config DTD is:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts_config_1_1.dtd

The official source for the Servlet 2.3 deployment descriptor DTD is the
Servlet Specification, which you can get from:

  http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html

If you're running Struts, there are also copies of both of these buried
inside the struts.jar file (Struts uses these internal copies when
parsing, so that it works when you're disconnected from the Internet).

> Robert

Craig