Not sure all this talk of validator is that justifiable. I've had no issues generating both the client side and server side validation, and its saved me a lot of work.

Like others i think it would be nice to define form beans and validation rules in the same place but I like it as it is, unless anybody has any alternatives?

Thats my 2 pence..

Mark

On Thursday, Jun 5, 2003, at 05:24 Europe/London, Jeff Kyser wrote:

So jump in and help David fix it. Otherwise, you're likely to
wake up and find a large block of cheddar in your bed. :)

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 11:18 PM, Mark Galbreath wrote:

You know, I just don't get it. I think Validator was a great idea that
simply proved wrong in implementation. And I know I am not alone it this
assessment.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Kyser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 12:03 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: struts validator

Like I said, I dont use client-side, and its been pretty smooth sailing for
me. Sorry your experience was different, but personally, I like it.
Especially defining constants for validation masks and using them over and
over on lots of different forms in different projects even. And the
requiredif has been pretty handy for a number of cases to boot

Of course, there are still cases where I need to go to
validate() methods in the actions, but they are less
and less, just as I use actual FormBeans less and less,
now that i halfway grok DynaValidatorForms...

cheers,

-jeff