That's right, because I had method="GET" on the <form> for testing.  Change
it to "POST".

> what i was looking for is a way to
> push the params into my Form Bean using their property methods (setters)
> and then just submit the form (open the popup)
>
> The form bean of the other jsp can then get the parameters - all happening
> on server side
>
> is that possible?

I'm afraid you'll have to rephrase that requirement.  Keep in mind what's
happening at the users browser and what's going on at the server-side.
These are two totally different places for handling this logic.

Why don't you explain the use case to us and maybe we can go from there.

Example:
When the user finishes shopping and goes to the checkout.  I want them to be
able to submit their credit card information and if the transaction is
successful, I want to open a new window so they can print their generated
invoice (or past invoices), etc, etc, etc.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist