hi,

I'm trying to submit Unicode encoded to a search engine through a web client
developed is Struts.

Each JSP page of the Web client sets the page encoding using the following
HTML statement:

After the submission, in the Action servlet, I compare the request with what
I would expect to receive as a submission:

It goes like this:

  String request2 = new String("\u017Eivot");

  if (request2.equals(_request)){
   System.out.println("request OK");
  }

They are not the same and I don't know why. When request2 is submitted
directly to the search engine there is result received back.

How to submit successfully Unicode text to the server?

I'm using
 J2SE 1.4.1
 JBoss 3.0.4
 Tomcat 4.1.x