I'm still not beard-sporting on these types of issues... but... wouldn't that start to cloud the demarcation between model and controller?

On Saturday, Jun 7, 2003, at 19:02 Europe/London, Dan Tran wrote:

Hi Mark, thanks for reply. I knew it is a popular topic
but at the time, I was not able to think of good search key for looking into
the archive.

Until I tumbled on a old post regarding lazyList. and the
answer is there just like you have explained ;-) I hope Struts 1.2 will
incorporate the patch submit by Goodwin to solve this scenario since I know
lots of people have to create their own form bean to handle dynamic
collection.

Thanks and thanks ;-)

-Dan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Lowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: How Smart is DynaActionForm?

If you take an example of a traditional action form, the same would happen with that.

If you've populated the form in the referring action then you should
have an insight into how action forms and actions work together.

The form bean should always be there, but know it won't self populate
just like a standard action form.

You can scope the form to session or repopulate as part of the action
invoked via the form submission.

cheers mark