Hi All,

I wish to know when to use the logging.

What are the application senarios where logging will be useful. I mean to
say that what will be the ideal situations where logging can be used.

Logging is extremely useful when debugging problems in production applications. I normally setup exception logging to go to a file and to email an administrator. Emailed stack traces are invaluable when trying to debug problems.

Struts uses commons-logging to insulate itself from the numerous logging packages users may choose. However, I just use Java 1.4 logging directly in my apps.

David

I would appreciate an eye opening reply for this.

Cheers

Vijay