I wrote a long FAQ description in the documentation about this, and I'm
still not sure I can adequately answer this question, as it can be
somewhat confusing.  You could read that at <
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/faqs/index.html>.  Select the "indexed
properties" link.

Basically, you use indexed tags when you want the resulting "name" of an
HTML component to reference array indexes, so you can move values in and
out of a collection/array in your form bean instead of scalars.

The indexed tags work along with either the "logic:iterate" or