Wednesday, June 18, 2003 3:46 PM , David Graham
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm looking for an exaustive documentation of the struts
> > validator's rules defined in validator-rules.xml.
> > Where can I find the name, values and meaning of heach variable the
> > rules can take ?
> >
> > Neither :
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/dev_validator.html nor
> > the javadoc document this. And the sample chapter from "Struts in
> > action" is obsolet for 1.1rc1.
>
> The link you sited does contain examples of the most common
> variables.  The mask validation accepts a "mask" variable, the
> intRange validation accepts "min" and "max" variables (which are also
> applicable to the minlength and maxlength validations).

And what about requiredif and its numerous variables, and about the future
validatewhen syntaxe ?A example is not by definition exaustive. I think
everybody does the way I do when using validator, e.g. guess the right use
from samples taken form site to site and from the errors thrown.

IMHO a true doc on that subject may be very usefull. For exemple :

- The variables name and possible value.
- The logic of each rules.
- Whether the rules is aviable client side or not or if there is a
difference between client side and server side logic.
- The evolution along struts versions.
- And samples of course.

More, about all this item can be found from different places so it's rather
a need to regroup them.

Maybe one can consider posting a doc enancement ticket in bugzilla ?

Malik.