On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 14:41, Erik Price wrote:

> I am really confused as to why you don't want to use a Filter.  It seems
> that they were developed specifically for situations like the one you
> describe

Here's the problem I'm having with the securityFilter stuff that I'm
implementing. Not sure if this what the spec requires, but when a user's
session times out on some page and they hit reload I get brought back to
the login page. That's all well and good, but when they submit it tries
to return them to whatever URL they were on. This is creating problems
because sometimes to get where the user was requires certain objects to
be in the session which, right after login, they are not since the user
has now skipped those actions and pages and is jumping to some point
possibly deep into the application.

--
Rick