I'm not sure whether it defaults to session, I was under the impression it was scoped to the request, but as i pretty much always define the scope i wouldn't know.

However when you scope to request the same can happen if redirect is set to false, as the action isn't a new request as such.. My guess is that if you set redirect to true this will fix your problem..

Cheers mark