You can use the Struts tag library with the JSTL, although you'd get
better integration with the "Struts-EL" tag library, which is part of
the Struts distribution.  This is an integration of the Struts tag
library with the EL engine in the JSTL.

The pre-JSP2.0 version of the JSTL can be used with Struts 1.1 on
JSP1.2-compliant containers.