On Wed, Jul 23,'03 (03:34 PM GMT+0200), Struts wrote:

> Hi all
> Can I prefill the values of my form bean ahead of displaying the jsp
> page that is associated with this form?
> If yes, how?

Sure just do it in Action before you go the form or if you know they
will always be the same values you can set them as default or intial
values in your ActionForm/DynaActionForm.

> I am trying not to override the values entered by the user on this
> result page.
> Because when an error occurs the page is redisplayed and since I am
> getting the values from an object that I store in the session,
> the fields are reset back to their original values.

You definitely should be populating your form on the JSP from values in
Session (well, the exception would be select options lists). I like to
set up certain intial form values in a setUp dispatch or regular
SetUpAction since the setUp is often based on 'who' is logged in.

There's a real basic example in lesson 1 here http://www.reumann.net/

--
Rick