Am Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2003 13:53 schrieb Navjot Singh:
> yes, you can put your class file in webapp CP also - whichever way it works
> for you. However, docs say that it should be under tomcat common dir.

Yes of course, they should be under tomcats common dir especially when using
jndi for connection pooling.

> Can you explain a little more why/how the connection behaviour is toggling?
> Did you print the state of the connection before you use it?

Yes I had, but I run into trouble with sometimes open and sometimes closed
connections. That might be no problem anymore but I've got them some month
ago . Since this time I'm only using JNDI for connection-pooled database
access. (It's much easyer and more efficient to use database-connections this
way (my opinion))

Marc