Pardon if this is a real stupid question and has been covered before (I
have looked at some of the docs and didn't see this addressed but I've
been known to easily miss the obvious:).

Imagine you have a site that has a main layout:

COMPANY LOGO   DATE
MAIN MENU

{II. main content section}

FOOTER

I could easily set up a layout definition for the above (BaseDef).
However the problem is each of my sub-sections(II. above) in the
application could also possibly have different layouts.

For example, imagine the user goes to the "Accounting" section and
the layout of the accounting section has...

ACCOUNTING HEADER
LEFT MENU   {accounting page content}   RIGHT STATIC INFO COLUMN

but maybe the Customer Service section is slightly different...

CUSTOMER SERVICE HEADER
{customer service page content}  RIGHT MENU

Of course the above is probably a crummy real world example (I wouldn't
change where menus were located in real life) but the point is it would
be nice if the above sub section layouts could be nested as part of the
main content section. This would allow for most flexibility. It would
allow me to able to change the main layout (possibly the main menu needs
to be put on the bottom) and also would allow for easy changes to
sub-section layouts.

Is what I'm looking for possible with tiles?

Thanks,

--
Rick