On 10/27/2003 08:21 AM Keld Hansen wrote:
I'd like to emphasize the importance of a mail recently added to the
newsgroup regarding the use of ActionErrors and/or ActionMessages.

The Validator uses the ActionErrors queue, so even if you'd like to
use the new ActionMessages queue you'd hesitate to do so since this
forces you to manage two queues in your jsp-pages.

So when ActionErrors(s) gets deprecated (in version 1.2?) then what
do you do?

I'd be very interested in an answer on this topic. Thanx.

I use the ActionMessages collection and not the ActionErrors, and I use the <html:message/> taglib in my JSPs to display them. It works fine with the Validator.

If I remember correctly, the <html:errors/> taglib will throw an exception if you give it an ActionMessages collection to display, but other than that caveat, you should be OK.

Regards
Adam

-- struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2 Linux 2.4.20 RH9