Take a look at the tiles example war that ships with Struts. You can move "tiles" around in the example.
Also read up on Tiles 201.
(and new features of Tiles-EL in the nightly build, aka Struts 1.2)
hth,
.V

Kruse, Matt wrote:
I would like to build a web app that functions like a "control panel" with
multiple views of data that the user can close, resize, etc.

What I keep coming back to is wanting something similar to the Eclipse
development environment, where I can pick my views and position them on the
screen and have the layout be customizable by the users. Except in a
browser, probably using frames and/or iframes. Somewhat like a portal, even,
but not exactly.

My target browser will be IE only, so I can do lots of cool things, but I
don't want to get into active X or anything like that. Purely HTML/CSS
browser-based interface.

Is there any kind of framework or UI tool which will get me going with this
kind of approach?

Matt Kruse

-- Victor Cekvenich, Struts Instructor (215) 321-9146

Advanced Struts Training
<http://basebeans.com/do/cmsPg?content=TRAINING> Server Side Java
training with Rich UI, mentoring, designs, samples and project recovery
in North East.
Simple best practice basic Portal, a Struts CMS, Membership, Forums,
Shopping and Credit processing, <http://basicportal.com> software, ready
to develop/customize; requires a db to run.